MACADAMIA AND STRAWBERRY CHOCOLATE HEARTS
Seriously easy and super impressive, take these amazing healthy treats to your next gathering, or make a batch for Valentine’s Day!
- 150g cacao butter buttons
- 5 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons macadamias, finely chopped
- 4 crushed freeze-dried or chopped dried strawberries
- Place the cacao buttons into the top of a double boiler and set over medium heat.
- Remove from the heat as soon as they melt, taking care not to let them boil.
- Whisk in the cacao powder and maple syrup.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Place the mixture into a small pouring jug and pour a little into each heart mould* so that they are a quarter full. Sprinkle with the macadamias and strawberries and top with more chocolate mixture.
- Refrigerate until set, about 2-3 hours, before carefully removing the hearts from the mould.
- Store in the fridge or at a cool room temperature in an airtight container.
- *We used a silicone chocolate mould with small hearts
Recipe courtesy of Australian Macadamia Society