You don’t need to be vegan to enjoy the wonderful flavours of this simple but healthy twist on a classic mayonnaise. The macadamias make a deliciously creamy and versatile condiment in just minutes.
- ½ cup macadamias
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ½ cup Macadamia Oil
- Place the macadamias and water in a high-speed blender and blend for 2-3 minutes until thoroughly combined.
- Add the mustard, lemon juice and salt and blend to combine. With the motor running, add the oil in a thin, steady stream until the mixture thickens. Initially it won’t be as thick as a traditional mayonnaise, but will thicken further with refrigeration.
- Season to taste with extra lemon juice and salt if desired.
- Serve with sweet potato chips, sprinkled with coriander and chilli flakes.
Recipe courtesy of Australian Macadamia Society