Packed with the awesome goodness of seeds and macadamias, these healthy mini breakfast loaves will give you a fantastic boost at the beginning of the day. Vegetarians can omit the bacon and add haloumi or strips of capsicum and olives. PS. these are especially good for Dad on Father’s Day.
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup linseeds
- 3 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- ½ cup chopped macadamias
- 2 cups wholemeal flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup raw caster sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 slices bacon, cut into 3cm strips
- 12 small red cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 sprigs of thyme
- Grease and line the bases of a 6-space mini loaf tin.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Combine the sunflower seeds, linseeds, sesame seeds and macadamias in a dry skillet or frying pan and toast, stirring occasionally, over a medium heat for about 3-4 minutes, until the seeds start to pop.
- Transfer to a bowl and cool slightly before sifting over the combined flour and baking powder.
- Stir in the sugar, oats and salt.
- Combine the milk, eggs and oil in a separate bowl and whisk to combine. Stir into the dry ingredients until thoroughly incorporated.
- Spoon the mixture into the individual spaces of the mini loaf pan so that each mini loaf mould is three quarters full. Top with a slice of bacon and 3 cherry tomato halves. Sprinkle with thyme and bake on the middle rack of the oven for 15-20 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Store refrigerated in an airtight container.
Recipe courtesy of Australian Macadamia Society