Waffle cones are super fun to make and once mastered, are quick and simple. If you haven’t heard of ‘nice’ cream, it’s the healthiest and easiest way of making homemade ice cream. With macadamias added to the waffle cones, ‘nice’ cream and the topping, this not-so-naughty treat is sure to become a firm summer favourite.
- ½ cup macadamias
- 2/3 cup gluten free plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 30g butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 125g dark chocolate, melted
- 1/3 cup macadamias, finely chopped
- ½ cup of macadamias
- 4 bananas, peeled, chopped and frozen
- 125g chocolate, melted
- ¼ cup chocolate, grated
- ¼ cup chopped macadamias, roasted
- Place the macadamias and half the flour in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until the nuts are finely ground.
- Add the eggs, caster sugar, melted butter and milk and process until combined.
- Add a little more milk if the batter is too thick.
- Heat a waffle maker according to manufacturer’s instructions and cook the mixture to create 6-8 cones.
- Allow to cool completely.
- When ready to serve, place the melted chocolate and macadamia nuts in separate bowls that are big enough to dip the cones into.
- Once the cones have cooled and set, dip the top in the chocolate first and then the macadamias. If the cones have softened, preheat oven to 150°C.
- Place cones on a tray and bake for 3-4 minutes, or until crunchy again. Cool before dipping in chocolate and nuts.
- Place the macadamias in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped, being careful not to over-process.
- Add the chopped frozen banana and process until smooth.
- Pour in the chocolate, swirling over the mixture and pulse until the chocolate has just combined.
- Serve immediately, scooped into the waffle cones and sprinkled with grated chocolate and chopped, roasted macadamias. Or, freeze until ready to serve, taking it out for 5 minutes to soften slightly before scooping.
Note: If storing leftover cones, omit the process of dipping in chocolate and nuts and store in airtight containers until ready to serve.
Add the recipe ingredients to your cart and get cooking.